Mark 12 v 29 – 31
“The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘Love your neighbour as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”
- Intimacy with Jesus – to be a growing people who increase in intimacy with God and obedience to his command of Love.
- To be a church without walls – a place of comfort, welcome and access for our community where the love of Jesus can be shared.
- To be and bring the kingdom of God to our communities near and far. This will involve engaging with these communities.
- To provide leadership and a voice for the community.
- To transform Reading in partnership with others (churches and other organisations).
- To be an Antioch church which has a world wide vision but with a core in Reading.